We hope this update finds you and your family in good health. We want to update you as of our status right now. We have been closed to all but emergency care since March 23rd to preserve personal protective equipment (PPE) for hospitals committed to saving the lives of those affected.
On May 1st 2020, we have been allowed by the Oregon government to practice non emergency and elective procedures. However, we still need to have two weeks of PPE on hand. The state has recognized that many dental conditions need to be treated and should not be delayed. Because of this, we will be opening up beginning Tuesday, May 5th, 2020 to treat begin treating more urgent needs first as permitted by the Oregon Health Authority guidelines due to limited PPE resources.
Our hours will be limited at first until we can assure an adequate supply chain for PPE. Our focus will be, as always, on the safety of our staff and our patients. New guidelines have been proposed for dental offices to minimize the risk of exposure to coronavirus. We want to be safe both for ourselves, our families and your families. These extra precautions are to protect everyone from the coronavirus and we ask your help too adhere to these measures as we reopen our office.
1. As always, all surfaces will be disinfected between every patient in the operatories. Also, commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, reception countertops and restrooms will be sanitized between patients.
2. Please come 10 minutes early to your treatment with any forms already filled out. Alternatively, you may elect to email them back to the office. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Please call from the parking lot when you arrive. We will tell you to come in, or we will tell you to wait. And staff will come out to prescreen you.
4. If you have a mask or bandana, please wear it when you come. PPE is limited and we cannot provide masks to patients due to the limited supply available to us.
5. We will escort you directly to your treatment room. We ask that anyone who chooses to come with you to your appointment wait in your automobile.
6. If you are at higher risk due to age and or other health conditions, please call if you have questions or would like to postpone your upcoming appointment.
7. We will be prioritizing patients with urgent and emergent needs before reappointing hygiene and maintenance visits. Thank you for your understanding with this.
8. Our goal is to minimize patient exposure to others and follow social distancing guidelines. If you or any of your family are sick with a cough, fever or shortness of breath, please for the safety of others, do not come in. Call ahead of time and reschedule for two weeks out.
We were expecting to reopen on June 15th, 2020, but we are now allowed to start sooner. Many of you have appointments that need to be rescheduled. We have not forgotten about you. Please expect a call from one of our staff members shortly to get rescheduled. If you have any questions, please let us know. Your health remains our primary concern.
Do state guidelines and shortages of PPE. We will initially be operating on a limited schedule. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 503-585-8688. We will respond as soon as we can. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones during this trying time.